Sunday, July 22, 2012

This should be the week..

Ok..this should be the week when big PC things start to happen. I heard back from the OMS that I was missing 5 things for medical clearance:
1 and 2) 2 personal statements..1 saying I would agree not to wear contact lenses during my PC service and another saying that my ankle has gotten better with the lack of gymnastics training (and it has).
3 and 4) 2 Titers..1 against Varicella and the other for Hep B surface antibodies. --Originally my doctor only wrote down that I had chicken pox when I was younger and apparently my Heb B vaccinations have worn off since 1996 (Because of this I've already received 2 out of 3 of the necessary Hep B vaccinations).
5) An ophthalmology exam sheet explaining that I have fully recovered from a corneal abrasion that I had last year from contact lens overuse.

So..at the beginning of last week I wrote my 2 statements, received my titers, and sent in the letter to my Optometrist/Ophthalmologist who told me he had completed and mailed me and the PC the ophthalmology questionnaire sheet. I was told to expect all the results by well..tomorrow! I have to fax in all of my papers and once so I am really hoping that I am able to do that by Wednesday. Unfortunately I expect to miss having everything done by the 26th, and therefore will not have any Toolkit updates to look forward to, but that's okay. I am just hoping to get everything in this week, and be medically approved. Fingers as always are crossed, and I hope I get through this next step so I can finally start doing PLACEMENT!

And also..I am leaving for Thailand, China, and Japan on August 1st!! I have already told the PC that I'll be gone from Aug 1 - Sept 5th, but I just can't help but feel like all of the important PC stuff will happen while I'm in Asia..Timing is everything haha.. but I'm sure everything will fall into place.

1 comment:

  1. Hey. I am also a Peace Corps Nominee. I have been nominated to teach English in Eastern Europe in March. It's going to be a long few weeks without toolkit updates! I actually live in Thailand right now teaching. I hope you enjoy your trip :-)

    ReplyDelete